Thursday, September 9, 2010

Lettuce Update

Back in August I posted on Small but Amazing Things. I had just planted lettuce seeds and marveled at how quickly they germinated. I have been enjoying lettuce from the bed for the last week or two and will be taking a salad to a pot luck tonight.

Sept 7th
August 9th
August 11th

I also have had a small tomato surge. The sungolds and juliets are producing a good bowl full a day. There are about 40–50 green tomatoes of various shapes and sizes on the plants and I am hoping they will have time to  ripen enough for picking.

3 comments:

  1. Isn't it great how fast lettuce grows!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, lettuce will grow very fast if it's not too hot or too cold.
    Tomatoes look very pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's a great salad bed you have - and a bowlful of gorgeous tomatoes a day too!

    ReplyDelete