Monday, September 27, 2010

Harvest Monday

Slow and steady. Some of harvest from the last two weeks. I have not brought myself to pulling the tomato plants. The cucumbers are still producing which is amazing given my past experience. Okra has slowed down. It is getting too chilly for them. Swiss chard, red mustard and kale are kicking in. I am finally getting a few cayenne chilies to turn red and I froze a few cups of pesto. Fall is around the corner.
See some other harvests at Daphne's Dandelions.







8 comments:

  1. Your harvest looks great. I sure love the look of the greens. Aren't they a wonder. And you're right about fall. It fell into the low 40s here overnight. But the sun is already warming it up nicely out there. Woot. Woot.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is a nice variety of veggies! I love having the summer and fall crops coming in together.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think that the tomato plants are looking better then they did a couple of months ago. I'm not going to pull mine until I have to. They are producing an amazing amount for this time of the year.

    Nice harves!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely and varied harvest, such pretty colors with cool and warm crops together.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful harvests. I love all the purple/red tones to the leaves.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely harvest! I love how you've recorded it. A good way to document the passing of time in your garden.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I like the way you arranged your harvest pictures! The harvest itself looks great, too, with the combination of summer and fall veggies.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Johanna,

    I thought I'd left a comment a while ago, but perhaps I left before confirming. Anyway great harvest photos!

    And also, if you're interested in the hairy vetch seeds for your (correct) guess on my identify this contest a couple weeks ago, please send me an e-mail with your address. THanks! :) wkspray at Gmail

    ReplyDelete