Thursday, June 23, 2011

Garden Happenings

I love this time of the garden when you can see growth day to day. The forever changing perennial garden. The air was so thick this morning with fog that you could see all these interesting webs on many of the plants.




Bean flowers are plentiful. Much different than last year when we had such a hard time getting the beans producing and when they did in August, it was a poor crop. This year I should be getting them in another week or two.






Peas are beginning to plump up.

The big news is that two female butternut squash flowers opened with no males in sight. I clipped one of the male pattypan squash flowers to pollinate the butternut. I hope it works. An unfolded squash flower.

2 comments:

  1. It was definitely muggy this morning. It's a good thing you saved that male flower. Now you can play cupid!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The bean flowers are so pretty. I hope your plan works for pollination!

    ReplyDelete