Monday, June 20, 2011

Harvest and GTTC

Not a lot to harvest this week.
Waiting on the peas. I pulled some turnips and greens. They were not doing so well and I could tell they were not going to get much bigger. The squash continue to come in. Check Daphne's Dandelions for more harvests.





I made an excellent dish of caramelized onions (not from the garden) radishes and patty pan squash sauteed in balsamic vinegar that were great as a warm dish. The next day, I used it as a topping on a green salad. My first Garden to Table Challenge hosted by Greenish Thumb. Take a look at some other great garden dishes. YUM.

6 comments:

  1. Oh, I like your squash! Your dish looks good, too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Carmelized onions are so much better than raw and completely different in flavor and texture. Looks great!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's so strange that your peas haven't started and you have squash coming in! The dish you made looks wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That looks delicious. I was thinking the same thing as Robin. You have squash and no peas? I always get peas first. Though I did pick the first unfertilized zukes yesterday (no males yet). So they came close this year, about a week apart. But then the peas were planted late, and the zukes were planted early.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Peas and radishes are finished here, and I haven't planted squash yet. My official explanation is that I'm trying to miss the first generation of squash bugs/vine borers, but really I just haven't gotten it done yet. I'll try your recipe with fall radishes and squash ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful squashes and turnips, the onion dish look yummy.

    ReplyDelete