Monday, July 11, 2011

A Continuous Harvest Week

 

There was a lot of to harvest this week but the squash surly overwhelmed me. If you count, there are a total of 22 for this week alone. I did a lot of cooking with squash this week but enjoyed all of the produce. Peas are done and pulled.




  

My first carrot was pulled. It is a little ahead of the rest of them but a good 5" long. Juliet tomatoes are coming in and cucumbers. It is nice to still be getting greens. I have them planted in a more shady spot in the garden. Click on the smaller pictures to see them bigger. Check Daphne's for more Harvest

10 comments:

  1. Now that is a LOT of squash! Time to get creative!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, it is definately time for some creativity there. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a pretty garlic braid! I'd be interested to hear how you used up all that squash. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Time to start the "drive-bys" with sacks of squash for neighbors and soon to be EX-friends!
    :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very nice harvest Johanna. I planted all of my squash and melons late....so, I won't be up to my ears in them for awhile.

    Your garlic braid is just perfect! Mine never look like that.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hanni - bread, cookies, soup, fritters, ratatouille. grilled and appreciative neighbors. I am sure I will come up with more.

    Robin - first year for garlic. They are small but please with the outcome.

    ReplyDelete
  7. LOL~ It sounds like you are pretty creative with using up the squashes. I've never heard of cookies made with squashes. I should look up some recipes.

    That's certainly a beautiful garlic braid. I was thinking to myself that you must have had years of practice. I would have never guessed that it was your first year.

    ReplyDelete
  8. You sure did a great job growing that garlic. I'm going to have to try growing it again. It wasn't successful the first time.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful harvest. And I always love garlic or onion braids. They are so pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a wonderful harvest! I love this time of year.

    ReplyDelete