Wednesday, August 31, 2011

Catching Up


While the storm could have done more damage, I think I am at the end of the season of taking care of the garden. Most all the tomato plants are down from the wind. The pole beans are totally toppled over. I might still get some eggplant. The squash has produced it's last healthy squash. I need to spend time drying out the basement  and I go back to teaching this friday.

I have been canning when I can (no pun intended) but have a long way to go before I get to the perfection of some of my fellow bloggers. Just made a nice batch of green tomatillo salsa.
I've added to more butternuts to my harvest total making 8.






1 comment:

  1. It's always hard to come to the end of the garden season. It's a shame about your tomatoes and beans.......darn storms!

    ReplyDelete